Your Role at Bolt
Payment infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is building a future where sending payments is as easy as sending messages. To do this, we’ve redesigned payments from the ground up. Bolt makes online commerce easy, secure, ethical, and efficient for all parties. To solve such a large problem, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
Our Marketing team at Bolt combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Bolt to an ever-broadening set of businesses. At Bolt, we believe that every retailer will need e-commerce to power their business in the future, and to do that effectively they need Bolt.
But we’re far from done. We’re looking for a Head of Corporate Communications to work in our organization, who will report to the VP of Marketing. This role will own corporate communications and brand strategy to evolve and transform Bolt’s brand and narrative for the future. This role requires an individual who can combine a vision with a strong mind for operations, execution, and growth. Scope includes market research, competitive analysis, management of staff, timelines, community engagement efforts and events; identifying press opportunities, publishing press releases, crafting newsletters, driving social media strategies, serving as a spokesperson for Bolt, planning public events, and building relationships with external stakeholders.
What you'll do...
- Establish a cohesive communications and brand vision in partnership with executive leadership, drive the systematic execution, and ensure the effectiveness of the function
- Design and implement brand strategy, including look and feel, creative approach, and tone of voice
- Create a companywide brand framework, impactful and relevant brand storyline, messaging and visuals
- Work with a global mindset to ensure adoption and use unified brand messaging across the entire organization
- Work with department and functional leaders to develop communication strategies in support of company growth, including Talent Acquisition strategies and new Services and Markets
- Lead internal and external engagements with third-party brand partners to ensure consistency and alignment with brand and communication practices
- Own brand initiatives and success metrics; provide senior executives with relevant information to drive business decisions
- Play lead role in the development and ongoing management and governance of key corporate digital assets, including company Intranets, company websites, social media platforms and, in partnership with other communications groups (e.g. investor relations, product marketing communications); this includes brand identity, policies, procedures, guidelines, and training
- Manage communication asset creation, publishing and consumption tracking. These assets encompass a broad range of content, presentations, newsletters, trade show booth assets, and videos, including technical materials
- Develop corporate narrative, including speech writing for our events and executives
- Manage, lead, and inspire a high-performing team, including establishing and communicating goals, hiring and/or developing staff, assigning areas of accountability, setting objectives, establishing priorities, and managing to success
- Manage master communications and campaign calendar including all delivery channels, events and social media outlets
- Develop a plan for managing corporate internal documentation and communication
- Provide inspiration on a visual level; refine designs; lend a critical eye to all creative, structural, and technical output
- Lead strategic planning, oversee budgets and forecasts for the department; conduct quarterly budget reviews; achieve targets
What would set you up for success...
- 6+ years of relevant experience; prefer a mix of experience in an in-house leadership role in a B2B technology company and agency experience
- Strong executive presence with ability to partner with C-level executives and collaborate with and influence diverse groups at all levels in a matrixed environment
- Proven sense of brand and editorial voice; the ability to harmonize message across multiple brand assets and communication vehicles
- Demonstrated leadership, strong personal presence, demonstrates initiative, is results-oriented, and acts with a sense of urgency
- Experience hiring, leading, managing and coaching a high-performing communications and branding team
- Comfortable with ambiguity - able to establish strategic direction and implement effectively in a global, matrixed organization
What would set you apart...
- You’re curious, constantly learning, and adaptable
- You have infectious energy and inspire the people around you
- You’re a proven coach: you’ve helped your people unlock their full potential
- You blend strategy and execution. You see the larger picture, but you dive into the details to get things done