Your Role at Bolt
Payment infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is building a future where sending payments is as easy as sending messages. To do this, we’ve redesigned payments from the ground up. Bolt makes online commerce easy, secure, ethical, and efficient for all parties. To solve such a large problem, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
Solutions Engineers at Bolt are at the nexus of opportunity and execution, both for our customers and for Bolt.
We are looking for motivated individuals with customer facing experience and an insatiable curiosity for technology. In concert with Sales and Customer Experience, Solutions Engineers play a critical role in deciphering complex application architectures and, when possible, devising creative yet practical solutions. While Bolt’s Solutions Engineers are primarily pre-sales focused, they act as a customer’s trusted advisor throughout the sales process into Launch. This allows Solutions Engineers at Bolt to optimize our pre-sales and post-sales efforts into one cohesive customer experience.
Come join and help build the fast-growing team at Bolt! Your work will have a vital impact on the success of our customers and our company. And you’ll love doing it with us along the way.
- Act as a player + coach, capable of building process for team execution and tactically executing in market
- Be a subject matter expert on Bolt’s checkout experience and evangelize Bolt’s value and features to potential customers
- Build out a distributed Solutions Engineering team supporting Corporate and Enterprise Sales
- Establish and execute on Solutions Engineering team strategic vision
- Enable SE and customer facing teams with industry relevant training
- Work the discovery and qualification of Bolt’s technical compatibility with potential customers and provide consultative guidance on technical deal strategy
- Strategically partner with Sales leaders to systematically identify and win customer business
- Collaborate closely with Bolt’s Implementation team to ensure customer Proof of Concepts and Onboardings are timely and successful
- Monitor industry news on technology products, partners, and competitors to ensure you and your team provide a deep ecosystem expertise
- Seek ways to optimize the technical sales process and build efficiency across Sales and Customer Experience teams
- Act as the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams
- Provide technical responses to RFPs, RFIs, and Security Questionnaires
- Relevant professional experience - 5+ years of relevant Solutions Engineering (Sales Engineering) experience required. Bonus for relevant domain experience in payments, fintech, fraud/risk, or e-commerce platforms!
- Proven leader - 2+ years building and managing Solutions Engineering teams with documented success in process design
- Excellent communication skills - You can easily relate complicated concepts to non-technical people while maintaining the ability to speak credibly to highly technical people. You hear customer pains and excel at root-cause analysis in real time.
- Solution sales driven - You are motivated by devising pragmatic solutions to a complex set of customer requirements that lead to winning the deal.
- Polished presenter - You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to large groups, both technical and non-technical. Virtually and in-person.
- Understands business value - You tie business problems to Bolt’s technical solutions and understand technology value propositions.
- Fast learner - You have a proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies.
- Thrives under pressure - You perform well under uncertain, high pressure, and high impact conditions.