Your Role at Bolt
Payment infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is building a future where sending payments is as easy as sending messages. To do this, we’ve redesigned payments from the ground up. Bolt makes online commerce easy, secure, ethical, and efficient for all parties. To solve such a large problem, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
Ecommerce infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is a world-class buying experience available for all online businesses. We're building a future where retailers can eliminate the massive operational overhead and technical debt associated with online checkout and payments, and where customers can buy instantly and securely across the internet. To solve such a large problem, we've put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
Bolt's people are its most valuable resource, and as the Head of Talent, you'll work closely with the executive team to attract and retain the best talent from around the world. You'll design and build processes for a rapidly expanding company, ensuring every candidate has an excellent experience regardless of the outcome. The successful candidate will have experience building, mentoring, and scaling high performing Talent teams in high-growth, early-stage companies; a demonstrated track record of success with increasing levels of responsibility and a bias toward action; and a leadership style that is hands on, collaborative, communicative, and inclusive.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and execute creative, data-driven techniques to identify, attract, assess, and close high-caliber candidates across technical and non-technical departments
- Maintain talent pipelines with potential candidates and past applicants for future staffing needs
- Develop individualized hiring plans for each role. Write compelling job descriptions, interview guidelines, and tailored and personalized messaging
- Manage, coach, and grow a high performing talent acquisition team to deliver impactful results across the entire organization
- Evaluate the team structure, plan for continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness, and provide individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities
- Track and present pipeline updates, recruiting progress reports, and headcount plans to hiring managers and leadership teams
- Manage and prioritize hiring across a variety of teams and hiring managers
- Partner with and cultivate strong relationships with hiring managers and other internal stakeholders
- Be a Bolt ambassador, help craft our culture and messaging, answer product questions, and know the competitive landscape from architecture to pricing
- Ensure a phenomenal candidate experience from start-to-finish
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years overall experience in full life-cycle recruiting, preferably in a high growth environment supporting multiple teams, with increasing levels of responsibility
- 4+ years experience building, mentoring and leading teams and organizations in high growth mode including Recruitment, Ops, Sourcing, and Coordination
- Experience building technical and business teams from scratch
- Exceptional talent assessment and interviewing skills, a strong command of assessment and selection methodologies, and deep knowledge in closing and negotiation techniques
- Experience recruiting for all levels of an organization, including management and above, particularly for technical and sales focused roles
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables with competing demands
- Patient, communicative, collaborative team player who is detail oriented and has outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal), as well as experience with negotiation