Your Role at Bolt
Payment infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is building a future where sending payments is as easy as sending messages. To do this, we’ve redesigned payments from the ground up. Bolt makes online commerce easy, secure, ethical, and efficient for all parties. To solve such a large problem, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
Bolt is hiring a Payment Operations Manager to empower us to reach the next stage of growth. The ideal candidate has experience in setting up and streamlining payment and/or treasury operations, able to manipulate and reconcile large data sets, and is excited to define and scale processes which will allow Bolt to scale and grow.
What you will be doing
- Build out payment operations within Bolt to scale rapidly
- Develop our internal systems to ensure every dollar is tracked accurately and reconciles with third-party payment processor data
- Work cross-functionally with our payments strategy, compliance, product, risk, operations, finance, engineering, support, and sales teams
- Develop a deep internal understanding of our financial ecosystem and partner-specific fees and transactions costs
- Provide investigative support for issues and escalations related to payment operations
- Evaluate our payment policies as they relate to merchants and provide feedback to our product team
- Identify opportunities to improve Bolt merchant experience.
- Create a continuous improvement mindset within payment operations, looking for new efficiencies and areas for optimization at all times.
What would set you up for success
- 5+ years in a payments operations or treasury operations role at a fintech company
- Understanding of the payments ecosystem and fund flows
- Familiar with financial file format standards such as CAMT, MT, ISO20022 XMLs
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau, Excel, and other data analytics tools
What would set you apart
- You are not afraid to dig into complex problems and to effectively describe your solution approach to an external partner or to an internal developer
- Experience of building systems and processes with strong elements of automation and scale
- General sense of urgency and ability to prioritize ad hoc (operations is the critical bottleneck for real money flows)
- Good communications skills
- Strong team player
- Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.