Your Role at Bolt
Payment infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is building a future where sending payments is as easy as sending messages. To do this, we’ve redesigned payments from the ground up. Bolt makes online commerce easy, secure, ethical, and efficient for all parties. To solve such a large problem, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
Ecommerce infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is a world-class buying experience available for all online businesses. We're building a future where retailers can eliminate the massive operational overhead and technical debt associated with online checkout and payments, and where customers can buy instantly and securely across the internet. To solve such a large problem, we've put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
Support Engineers are critical contributors to customer success, ensuring prompt and effective resolution of our customers’ technical issues. Your excellent communication, coding, and problem-solving skills will build trust in our product and team, helping Bolt develop a reputation across the industry for our world-class customer service. You’ll also be an advocate for the customer internally, leveraging your unique view of our merchant experience to influence improvements across the organization. You’re a great fit for the role if you enjoy the thrill of resolving a diverse range of requests, love to learn, and are highly motivated to deliver exceptional customer outcomes.
- Resolve challenging technical issues to a high degree of satisfaction, always building toward long-term customer success
- Master a variety of different eCommerce platforms, strengthening your ability to troubleshoot and identify bugs
- Leverage your exceptional communication skills to educate customers on complex technical issues; set expectations; and communicate solutions.
- Interface with business owners, eCommerce directors, and developers on the Bolt platform as you resolve their issues.
- Partner closely with engineering to resolve the most complex technical issues
- Act as the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product team
- Strategically partner with Customer Success managers to prioritize issues and maintain strong customer relationships
- Brainstorm innovative ways to improve our support operations, and contribute to the implementation of your best ideas
- Be a brand ambassador for Bolt, leaving lasting positive impressions with customers as you drive successful resolution of their requests
- Contribute to customer-facing documentation, ensuring that Bolt’s merchants can find answers to their questions even faster through self-service channels
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in technical customer-facing roles at eCommerce, Payments, Retail, or Software companies
- Outstanding communication skills
- Outstanding prioritization and time-management skills
- Outstanding customer empathy
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Domain expertise in eCommerce (Bonus)
- Experience with Shopping Cart Platforms (WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce) (Bonus)
- Experience with Google Analytics & Facebook Pixel (Bonus)
- Experience with Web Hosting (Bonus)
- Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.